TBA & Associates

EU Transport License via Bulgarian haulier company registration

If you wish to register as a haulier transport company in Bulgaria and to operate on the territory of the entire European Union, you will need the Community License for road haulage.

This license is granted by Bulgarian minister of transport, information technologies and communications through Transport Administration Executive Agency. In order to apply for a license you need to incorporate a Bulgarian limited liability company or a sole proprietor with main activity carrying of goods for third parties, for hire or reward. The haulage itself can be organized using either company’s own vehicles or rented or leased vehicles.

The registration of a Bulgarian transport company of that kind has specifics which require use of qualified legal help.

To begin with, the haulier must match certain requirements one of the most important among which is financial stability. Establishing the financial stability of a transport company can be made either by depositing the relevant amount required by law into the capital of the company or by depositing the amount with a Bulgarian bank in the form of a bank guarantee; a further requirement is the company to have professional indemnity insurance. The minimum amount of the bank guarantee, respectively – the capital, depends on how many vehicles operate in the company. The company must deposit EUR 9000 for the first vehicle and EUR 5000 for each additional vehicle. Another major requirement concerning financial stability is that the company applying for a license should not have any outstanding liabilities to the state which circumstance must be proved by a Certificate issued by the National Revenue Agency.
Second major requirement is the company to have physical office on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria from which to manage its activities. It is not mandatory the office place to be owned by the company, it could be a rented place.
There is another set of requirements regarding the person who will manage the transport company:

Good reputation: The transport manager must have a clean criminal record and should not be deprived from the right to hold the position of a transport manager due to any offense against transport rules. The transport manager must provide a certificate of clean criminal record.

Professional competence: In order to be qualified to act as a transport manager the person should hold a Certificate of Professional Competence in Road Haulage Operations issued by Transport Administration Executive Agency. Anyone who holds such Certificate can act as a transport manager for maximum two companies.

It is important to point out that Bulgarian hauliers must match the above criteria not only at the time they apply for the transport license but during the whole period of their operation. Otherwise, they risk losing their license. Any change in circumstances of the transportation company shall be reported to the licensing authority within 14 day term.

License application is reviewed within 30 days from filing the application documents. In case any document is missing or there is a discrepancy found in the paperwork, the applicant is given additional 30 days period to correct the application documentation.

The license itself is valid for 5 years. In case the haulier wants to continue to operate in Bulgaria and the EU after this period, application for a renewal of the license must be submitted before the 5 year term of validity expires.

Register your Company today!

Our Business Development Team is ready to guide and assist you to discuss all options you have and to provide you with all the support you need to enable you to take the right decision facing your specific needs!

All our Consultancy and Advisory services are completely FREE!

Packages and Prices!


Year 1 Incorporation and service fees.
Optional Services (Bank Account opening, Nominee services, Certification of documents, amongst others).
Annual Renewal service fees for year 2 and subsequent years, to keep your company in good standing and full Compliant at all times.

Our company licensing services

— What we do and do not do

Our company is EXCLUSIVELY engaged in assisting worldwide clients, either individuals or corporate entities, to get duly and properly licensed with local Regulators and Financial Authorities to get respective official licenses to legally carry out their cryptocurrency or financial related business activities.

TBA & Associates Tax Business Advisors does not provide or carry out any sort of Cryptocurrency or Financial services!

Disclaimer: While TBA & Associates strives to make the information on this website as timely and accurate as possible, the information itself is for reference purposes only. You should not substitute the information provided in this article for competent legal advice. Feel free to contact TBA Customer Services for advice on your specific cases.

We help you grow your business across international border and achieve financial efficiency.

We are ready to answer all your questions!